- About Us
- Reporting and Procedures
- Programs and Services
- Crime Information and Statistics
Visitor parking lots
A visitor is anyone other than an employee, student or their family members. We request all campus visitors use the Havener Center parking lot for their visits. Havener Center's visitor parking lot is accessible directly via State Street or through Lot B-13 via Miner Circle. Visitors may also use metered spaces anywhere on campus or street parking.
Metered parking lots
In addition to the Havener parking lot, several parking lots around campus included metered parking spots. Visitors are welcome to use any of metered parking spots.
Two/Four Hour Coin Only Meters
- $0.25 = 30 Minutes
- $0.10 = 12 Minutes
Thirty Minute coin only Meters
- $0.25 = 12 Minutes
- $0.10 = 5 Minutes
- $0.05 = 3 Minutes
One/four hour coin, card, app meters
- $1.00 = 1Hour
Parking permit and meter regulations are enforced Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. while the university is in session.
Details on types of parking violations and fines can be found in the complete rules (see Rules and Regulations), sections .1001 through .1009. Most parking violations fall into the following categories; however, this is not an exhaustive list and fines increase after repeat violations.
- Not head into space (backed in or pulled through)
- Without the correct permit - wrong lot
- Overtime meter
- Unauthorized parking in visitor lot or space
- Permit not displayed properly
- Without valid permit in permit required lot
- Overtime in 30-minute loading zone
- Restricted zone or area
- Parked in patient parking (unless using the Health Education Resources facilities as a patient)
- Non-designated space
- More than one space or over lines of space
- Reserved for specific user
- Reserved for official vehicle
- Tow boot install fee
- Disabled space without campus permit and/or state indication
- Counterfeit, stolen, or altered permit
- Multiple vehicles on campus
- Fire lane - no parking anytime
After multiple offenses additional fines will be charged.
- $20 additional fine
- $40 additional fine
- Vehicle may be towed at owner's expense on the 7th ticket. Car will be towed again every 3 tickets after that.
- $60 additional fine
- $80 additional fine
On the seventh parking violation, and every third violation after that, a vehicle may be towed at the owner's expense.
A Missouri S&T disabled parking permit will allow the permit holder to park in any disabled space on campus except in the visitor lot. If all of the disabled spaces are full in the area you wish to park, you may also park in a regular permit parking space, excluding metered parking. Disabled permits are valid from September 1 to August 31 each year. Please contact Parking Lot Operations at 573-341-4303, or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Please note that the condensed rules, while representative of the complete rules, do not cover all scenarios and should be considered general guidelines for parking at Missouri S&T. Parking rules are enforced according to the complete rule set, which is viewable via a button below the condensed rules.
- Parking in permit spaces on campus lots requires a purchased permit that is valid for that specific school year. Registration stickers must be affixed to the outside of the rear window or bumper on driver’s side of the vehicle, at the appropriate landscape position. Hangtags must be hung on the rearview mirror with the printed side facing the front windshield. Temporary permits may be issued on a case by case basis and users are expected to follow all instructions provided when the permit is issued. Parking at meters requires payment even if a permit is purchased.
- All vehicles shall be parked HEAD-IN to the parking spaces. (Do not back into or pull through the space)
- A visitor is anyone OTHER THAN an employee, student or member of their family. We request all campus visitors to utilize the Havener Center parking lot (Marked Area V on campus maps) for their visits.
- Any students, faculty, or employees parking in the Havener Center visitor lot will be ticketed YEAR ROUND, unless otherwise authorized in specific individual cases.
- Regulations pertaining to area permits and metered parking are enforced YEAR ROUND from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except on Saturdays, Sundays and Official University holidays. Other regulations are enforced at all times as noted below.
- Permit and metered parking at Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall shall be enforced 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Any space with a sign designated for a specific user, will be enforced 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Employees and students lending their vehicle to a visitor will be responsible for any violations occurring on campus.
- Parking permit owners shall park only in the area to which the purchased permit allows access.
- Employees and students without parking permits shall use only metered spaces or valid street parking.
- Specially marked disabled parking, driveways, yellow curbs and zones, fire lanes, vehicle types and areas not designated as a parking area, etc. shall be enforced 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- University driveways, yellow curbs and zones, and any other area not specifically designated as a parking area shall not be used for parking at any time.
- The Director of the Missouri S&T Police Department, with the concurrence of the Parking Committee Chair, shall have the authority to suspend all or part of the parking regulations for specific periods of time.
- Failure in compliance with these rules, in the case of excessive tickets (i.e. ticket number 6+ for one specific violator) or illegally parking in a non-designated space, may result in the towing of the vehicle at the owners expense.
Parking rules are discussed and adopted by the members of the Parking, Security and Traffic Committee and approved by the chancellor. This committee is formed of faculty, staff, and students. Minutes from each meeting are available to read.
Department group passes
Visitor passes be requested for special events
If your department or office is expecting a group, passes can be requested in advance. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when issuing parking passes to the attendees:
- The passes are only to be given to campus visitors. (Family members of faculty, staff or students are not considered visitors.)
- The passes are not to be given to any current staff/faculty or student of Missouri S&T.
- The passes are not valid at parking meters and should be explained to the visitors.
- The visitors should only park in the designated area(s) as issued. Parking in other areas creates congestion and further problems.
- No return of unused passes will be credited.