- About Us
- Reporting and Procedures
- Programs and Services
- Crime Information and Statistics
Details on types of parking violations and fines can be found in the complete rules (see Rules and Regulations), sections .1001 through .1009. Most parking violations fall into the following categories; however, this is not an exhaustive list and fines increase after repeat violations.
- Incorrect permit for space
- Meter expired
- Parked with permit in visitor area (except metered spaces)
- Not parked head-in
- Using more than one space
- Inappropriately affixed permit
- No valid or current permit
- Parked in patient parking (unless using the Health Education Resources facilities as a patient)
- Motorized scooter in motorcycle parking without permit
- Parked in area not designated as parking (including fire lanes)
- Parked in space reserved for official vehicles
- Counterfeit, altered, or otherwise non-issued permit
- Parked in disabled parking without Missouri S&T-issued disabled parking decal
- Parked in space reserved for specific users
- Parked in loading zone in excess of 30 minutes
- Both cars under multi-car permit parked simultaneously (subject to multi-car permit revocation)
Parking fines may be appealed according to sections .0701 through .0706 of the complete rules with the submission of an appeals form.
Cost per Year
Park in designated, lettered area any time.
Park in any designated motorcycle space.
For designated areas at Rock Mechanics, wind tunnel, and multi-purpose building (3 hours).
Students must either renew their current permit or sign up on the waiting list in order to receive a parking permit.
The start date for the online waiting list is May 1st at midnight. You can sign up for the waiting list at any time during the year.
You may also add yourself to the waiting list in person; however, business hours will begin later than when the online waiting list becomes available.
When a permit becomes available, you will be notified via email. If you change your email address while on the waiting list, please contact Parking Lot Operations. You have seven days to accept your permit. The permit will be billed to your student account.
If you decline your permit, you will still be able to receive a permit in any other lot you signed up for on the waiting list when one becomes available.
Parking permits are valid from August 1 to July 31 each academic year, and must be renewed during the month of May each year. If you do not submit a renewal form during the month of May, you will need to join the waiting list again.
For a refund, bring or send your sticker(s), whole or pieces, into the Parking Lot Operations office. You will receive the monthly pro-rated refund amount. Refunded permits cannot be renewed.
Disabled Parking Permits
A Missouri S&T disabled parking permit will allow the permit holder to park in any disabled space on campus except in the visitor lot. If all of the disabled spaces are full in the area you wish to park, you may also park in a regular permit parking space, excluding metered parking. Disabled permits are valid from September 1 to August 31 each year. Please contact Parking Lot Operations at 573-341-4303, or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Employees may sign up on the waiting list at any time during the year to receive a new parking pass or to change parking arrangements.
Employee permits auto-renew until they are returned to Parking Lot Operations and are paid via payroll deduction.
Visitor Group/Conference Passes
If your department or office is expecting a group, passes can be requested in advance. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when issuing parking passes to the attendees:
- The passes are only to be given to campus visitors. (Family members of faculty, staff or students are not considered visitors.)
- The passes are not to be given to any current staff/faculty or student of Missouri S&T.
- The passes are not valid at parking meters and should be explained to the visitors.
- The visitors should only park in the designated area(s) as issued. Parking in other areas creates congestion and further problems.
- No return of unused passes will be credited.
Two/Four Hour Meters
$0.25 = 30 Minutes
$0.10 = 12 minutes
Thirty Minute Meters
$0.25 = 12 Minutes
$0.10 = 5 Minutes
$0.05 = 3 Minutes
Students and employees may buy meter keys at the Parking Lot Operations window, which take the place of quarters in metered parking spaces. Minimum key purchase is $15, to be deducted from student account or payroll; however, any amount can be added to the keys. These keys can be placed directly on a keychain for easy access and will deduct 25 cents from their balance each time they are activated in a parking meter.
A visitor is anyone other than an employee, student or member of their family. We request all campus visitors utilize the Havener Center parking lot for their visits. Havener Center's visitor parking lot is accessible directly via State St. or through lot 13 via Miner Circle. Visitors may also use metered spaces anywhere on campus or street parking.
Please note that the condensed rules, while representative of the complete rules, do not cover all scenarios and should be considered general guidelines for parking at Missouri S&T. Parking rules are enforced according to the complete rule set, which is viewable via a button below the condensed rules.
- Parking in permit spaces on campus lots requires a purchased permit. Parking at meters requires payment even if a permit is purchased. Decals (permit and registration stickers) must be affixed to the outside of the rear window or bumper on driver’s side of the vehicle. Temporary tags shall be affixed to the inside rear window on the driver’s side of the vehicle. If the temporary tag is not visible due to tinting, the tag must be affixed to the outside rear window on the driver's side of the vehicle.
- All vehicles shall be parked heading into the parking spaces (do not back into or pull through the space).
- A visitor is anyone other than an employee, student or member of their family. We request all campus visitors utilize the havener center parking lot for their visits.
- Regulations pertaining to area permits and metered parking are enforced year round from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except on Saturdays, Sundays and official university holidays (St. Pat's is not an official university holiday). Other regulations are enforced at all times as noted in the full rules.
- Permit and metered parking at Thomas Jefferson residence hall shall be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Employees and students lending their vehicle to a visitor will be responsible for any violations occurring on campus.
- Parking permit owners shall park only in the area to which the purchased permit allows access.
- Employees and students without parking permits shall use only metered spaces.
- Specially marked disabled parking, driveways, yellow curbs and zones, spaces marked for 24 hour enforcement, fire lanes, vehicle types and areas not designated as a parking area, etc. shall be enforced 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- University driveways, yellow curbs and zones and any other area not specifically designated as a parking area shall not be used for parking at any time.
- The director of the Missouri S&T police department, with the concurrence of the parking committee chair, shall have the authority to suspend all or part of the parking regulations for specific periods of time.
Parking rules are discussed and adopted by the members of the Parking, Security and Traffic Committee and approved by the chancellor. This committee is formed of faculty, staff, and students. Minutes from each meeting are available to read.